Ordinary business visa is issued to citizens of Australia, other states and stateless persons to enter the Russian Federation for business purposes (business negotiations, seminars, conferences, meeting business partners etc.)
The visa is issued based on an invitation issued by the General Administration for Migration Issues of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA), or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (Russian MFA) and a written request (covering letter) of a host organization.
Business visas can be single or double with a validity period up to 90 days or multiple with a validity period up to 1 year, unless otherwise provided by an international agreement to which the Russian Federation is a party. The duration of stay in the Russian Federation with a multiple-entry visa may not exceed 90 days within any 180 days period.
In order to apply for a common single-, double- or multiple-entry business visa the following must be submitted:
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation issued by the General Administration for Migration issued of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation or the decision of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs to issue a visa
- A written request (covering letter) of a host organization;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Electronic Visa Application Form, filled out in Russian or English, and printed directly from the following website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru. (Please follow the instructions for the procedure, available at the above mentioned website, provided in Russian as well as other languages, including English). Citizens of Georgia and CIS countries must fill in the visa application in Russian. The Russian Visa center can fill in the visa application on your behalf;
- One passport size (3.5 x 4.5 cm) clear photo in color taken full-face directly facing the camera and against a plain white or light-colored background. Only non-tinted prescription glasses and head covering worn daily for a religious purpose or as a part of national costume (in this case the same head covering must be worn in the passport photo) are allowed. At the Russian visa center you can opt for "Express Photo" service;
- If you are not an Australian citizen please check the additional requirements for the citizens of your respective country and follow this link to check the additional information.
If you are a citizen of the USA, please refer to the additional information for USA applicants.
You can also use our Postal service to submit your visa application by post.
Important! In case you have two or more valid passports, please make sure there are no valid Russian visas in any of the passports before submitting your visa application.
Please note! Russian Consular Offices may request additional visa documents, invite you for an interview or extend the time of visa issuing procedure.
For the citizens of Australia
|Consideration period||Consular fee||Service fee (incl. GST)|
|10 business days||$120||$43|
|4 business days||$240||$43|
|10 business days||$192||$43|
|4 business days||$384||$43|
|10 business days||$360||$43|
|4 business days||$720||$43|
Transfer or restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
|Consular fee||Service fee (incl.GST)|
All fees are paid at the Visa application center in Australian dollars by card.
If the Russian Federation has a separate bilateral agreement on visa fees amounts with another state, the visa fees applied for the citizens of this state should correspond to the conditions of this agreement.
Processing time starts from the day the documents are delivered to the Consulate. In certain cases the Consulate can extend or reduce the processing time.
Completing the Russian visa application form
The application form for a Russian visa should be filled out in electronic form on the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru.
At your request, we can fill out the application form for you at the visa center. This is a paid additional service worth $14 for each side of the application form.
A separate application form must be completed for each applicant.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
- To fill in an application form;
- To copy or print documents;
- To make express photos;
- To process documents sent by mail;
- To deliver documents on the same day;
- To deliver fully prepared documents by courier;
- SMS informing.
- Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
- The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
- All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
- Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.