Ordinary tourist visa is issued to Sweden citizens, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for a short-term stay in the country with a touristic purpose (visiting cultural events, excursions, familiarization with the sights), based on a tourist acceptance confirmation by a Russian touristic organization.
The maximum period of stay in the Russian Federation with a tourist visa is up to 30 days.
An entry for short-term business negotiations, participation in exhibitions, auctions, as well as for medical consults and tests is also permitted. In this case “target tourism” should be put in a field “purpose of travel” of the confirmation of acceptance of a foreign citizen, and a visa is issued for a number of days necessary for the planned events according to a time schedule indicated in a confirmation of residence (but no more than 30 days).
A single- or double-entry tourist visa to the Russian Federation may be issued.
A double-entry tourist visa is issued to a foreign citizen only if, according to the documents, during the stay in the Russian Federation a visit to neighbouring countries (near-abroad countries (CIS, Baltic countries)) or countries from which the return is to be made through the territory of the Russian Federation (for example China, Mongolia) is planned. In addition, a route must be included in the documents for a package tour (or in a foreign citizen confirmation of acceptance issued by a host Russian organization).
Please note! Medical insurance policy must contain:
- contract date;
- policy number;
- name, last name and patronymic (if applicable) of the policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- the policy must be valid during the whole stay in the Russian Federation in case of a single- or double-entry visa and during the period of the first travel in case of a multiple-entry visa;
- list of medical and transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- signature of the insurer.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, standard forms with stamps of insurance companies and other insurance documents not corresponding to the the indicated requirements will not be accepted.
In order to apply for a common single- or double-entry tourist visa the following documents must submitted:
- Confirmation of the tourist acceptance by a Russian touristic organization about which the information is included in the Uniform Federal Register of Tour Operators. Confirmation;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
- Color photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm taken against a light background with a clear full face frontal view without tinted glasses or a head wear (except for religious or national head coverings that are also present in the applicant's passport photograph). At the Russian visa center you can opt for the additional Express Photo service;
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of the Russian Federation and during the validity period of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases. Medical insurance is accepted only in English or Russian languages.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
Please note! If you are not a citizen of Sweden, you must also submit:
A permit for a continuous stay in Sweden for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Egypt, India, Ireland, Macedonia, Mexico, New Zealand, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
According to the national legislation of Sweden, a residence permit issued based on a corresponding visa serves as a document based on which a foreign citizen may continuously stay in the country for more than 90 days.
- Sweden Permanent Resident Card for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iraq, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria.
For the citizens of Sweden and the European Union
||Consular fee||Service fee (incl. VAT)|
|Single-, double-entry visa|
|4-10 business days||375 SEK||315 SEK|
|1-3 business days||750 SEK||495 SEK|
For other categories of citizens (non-EU citizens), as well as stateless persons
||Consular fee||Service fee (incl. VAT)|
|4-10 business days||760 SEK||315 SEK|
|1-3 business days||1520 SEK||495 SEK|
|4-10 business days||1216 SEK||315 SEK|
|1-3 business days||2432 SEK||495 SEK|
|4-10 business days||2280 SEK||315 SEK|
|1-3 business days||4560 SEK||495 SEK|
All fees are paid at the Visa application center in Swedish Krona by card.
If the Russian Federation has a separate bilateral agreement on visa fees amounts with another state, the visa fees applied for the citizens of this state should correspond to the conditions of this agreement.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
Processing time starts from the day the documents are delivered to the Consulate. In certain cases the Consulate can extend or reduce the processing time.
Filling in the Russian visa application form
The application form for a Russian visa should be filled in online on the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru.
At your request we can fill in the application form for you at the visa center. This is a paid additional service that costs 125 SEK for each page of the application form.
A separate application form must be filled in for each applicant.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can opt for the following additional (paid) services:
- Visa application form filling;
- Photocopying / printing out of documents;
- Express photos;
- Submitting applications by mail;
- Courier delivery of processed applications;
- SMS text message notifications;
- Premium Lounge.